Constitution of the “CBD.Limited” Association
The Limited.CBD is a Membership Association Website for companies and consumers located in Europe that use, produce, process, distribute, research and publish about Cannabinoid products.
The aim of the initiative is to educate people about CBD products, to establish quality standards and to create a legal framework for the production, distribution and sale of CBD products.
distribution and sale of CBD products.
The initiative will represent the interests of its members as a contact for politics, authorities, science and the public.
The initiative only accepts those market participants who recognise the declaration of
self-commitment declaration adopted by the association.
- 1. Name, seat, business year
The name of the Association shall be “Limited.CBD”. It shall be entered in the register of associations.
register of associations. After registration, it shall be given the suffix “Limited”. The association is non-partisan and
independent of the state.
The registered office of the Association shall be in London, UK.
The financial year shall be the calendar year.
- 2 Purpose of the Association
- the purposes of the association are
- To inform and educate consumers, the authorities, politicians and the
media about CBD products,
- to promote the association of companies that produce, process, distribute and sell CBD products in compliance with clear quality criteria
- the creation and safeguarding of fair competitive conditions for CBD products
- the promotion of research into the effects of CBD products.
- To inform and educate consumers, the authorities, politicians and the
- These purposes shall be realised in particular by:
- the establishment of a platform (alliance) of stakeholders from business, science, consumer protection, trade and society, in order to be able to assume the responsibility that the production, processing, distribution and sale of CBD products entails as a CBD industry.
- the dialogue with authorities as well as with politically responsible persons at all levels (federal, state and local authorities).(federal, state and local authorities, EU) in order to be perceived as a competent contact for the and be accepted as a competent political contact for the CBD issue
- the establishment of a national and international network, especially in Brussels, London and Berlin
- the establishment of a quality label that makes origin, production conditions, concentration, effect and pricing transparent, so that consumers, trade and authorities have a reliable basis for deciding how to deal with the certified products and companies.
- the participation in and organisation of scientific events and discourses on the effects of CBD products
- publications and communications for the members, their employees and the public on all relevant legal and sectoral issues
- the organisation of conferences, discussion, education and training events and measures.
- 3 Membership
The Association has active and ordinary members as well as supporting members. Members may be natural persons or legal entities of full age.
- 4 Types and acquisition of membership
- active members
Active members are, on the one hand, the founding members, but also members who have contractually committed themselves to a substantial financial commitment to the conception and development of the Association, commit themselves in a special way to the work of the Association and ensure the long-term preservation of the Association through their financial or other commitment. Founding members may also contractually undertake to pay a contribution. The Board decides on the admission of further active. The Executive Committee decides on the admission of further active members by concluding a membership agreement. This decision must be unanimous. Active members have the following special rights:
- Right to propose candidates for the first Board of Directors.
- Right to veto amendments to the Statutes.
- They are informed on an ongoing basis by the management of the Association.
- They have the right to attend and voting rights at the general meetings.
- ordinary members
Ordinary members are those members who, after the foundation of the association, have been admitted as ordinary members in an accession agreement with the members and who wish to contribute to the total costs of the Association through their membership
- to contribute to the total costs of the Association in accordance with the membership agreement. The membership agreement shall contain a time limit of three years for the obligation to contribute. The application for membership and conclusion of the membership contract shall be sent by e-mail or in writing to the Executive Board, which shall decide on the application. The Executive Board, which decides on the admission and acceptance of the membership contract. Ordinary members have the right to be present and to vote at general meetings.
- Special members
Special members are those members who, after the foundation of the association, have been admitted as special members in an accession agreement with the members and they can contribute to the total costs of the Association through their membership, if they wish.
- supporting members
As a rule, supporting members are companies and associations that are committed to the purpose of the Association and support the aims of the Association as alliance partners and that support the support the association financially. They conclude a membership agreement with the Executive Board. The membership agreement contains a time limit of one year for the obligation to contribute. The application for membership and conclusion of the membership agreement shall be sent by online form e-mail or in writing to the Executive Board. The Executive Board shall decide on the admission and acceptance of the membership contract. Supporting members have the right to be present at the general meetings.
The membership can have 4 different levels:
- Bronce Member: Silver members have the right to be named on the Associations Website
- Silver Members: Gold members have the right to get a backlink to their Website from the Associations Website
- Gold members: Platinum members can have a backlink with surrounding text on the associations website, which is subject to be accepted.
- Platinum members will have the possibility to have a landing page on the association’s Website, where their Company will be presented.
- 5 Membership fee
- active members (excluding the founding members who have not committed themselves to the payment of dues) shall pay the subscription to which they have contractually committed themselves.
- ordinary members shall pay an annual membership fee and thereby participate in the total costs of the Association. The amount shall be determined by the membership contract agreed with the Executive Committee.
- supporting members shall pay an annual membership fee. The amount shall be determined by the membership agreement concluded with the Executive Committee or by the subscription, they signed up for. It ranges from
- 0,-EUR for Bronce Members
- 300,- EUR Silver Members
- 500,- EUR Gold Members
- 600,- EUR Platinum Members
- members who have paid the membership fee are not obliged to make further contributions, even if the association has a corresponding financial need. Additional payments can only be made voluntarily.
- 6 Statutes of the CBD.Limited Association of 27.08.2020
End of membership
- the membership of active members shall end by written declaration to the Executive Board. In principle, membership can only be terminated after one year. There shall be no reimbursement of any financial support from the Association.
- Ordinary and sustaining membership shall be terminated by
- by voluntary resignation, which can be declared at any time in writing or by e-mail or by e-mail at any time without giving reasons. The pro rata annual membership fee shall not be refunded,
- by exclusion,
- by removal from the list of members.
- active, ordinary and sustaining members can be excluded from the association,
- in particular, if they have grossly violated the interests of the Association and the principles laid down in the Statutes or the quality standards or have persistently violated them in spite of a warning.
- if they have violated the declaration of commitment of the association despite written to refrain from this violation immediately.
- The Executive Board shall decide on the exclusion. Before the decision is taken
member concerned must be given the opportunity to justify his or her reasons in writing.
to justify himself/herself in writing. This justification shall be read out at the Executive Committee meeting. The decision on expulsion shall be accompanied by reasons
reasons and shall be notified to the member by registered letter.
- d) A member may be deleted from the list of members by resolution of the Executive Board if he/she is in arrears with the payment of an annual subscription despite two reminders.